Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet.

Life is Hard. Wear a Helmet

Virginia State Constitution: Article 1; Section 13
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.

Alabama State Constitution: Article 1: Section 26
That every Citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State.

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Saturday Morning Coffee #76

Man, I am sooooo screwed.

Mrs B's birthday is Tuesday.

There's no way I can be here on Tuesday. I have to be up in Decatur with my boss.
Originally, I had planned on being in Georgia today and Sunday, then coming home for Labor Day and heading right back out again Tuesday morning.
I cut my Georgia trip short, so today I have to get out to Georgia, do some work, and get my ass back here tonight. I figure I'll stop somewhere on the way home and get a birthday gift. That way I can take Mrs B out for a nice dinner Sunday night and have an extra day to spend with her before leaving town again.

What did you get the wife for her last birthday?

Seriously. I can always fall back on one of the standards, like some nice earrings or something, but I'd rather give a shot at some originality. So tell me what you gave the old lady last year. I need someone to throw some ideas at me.

(No. She does not want a gun, or anything gun-related, nor does she want a chainsaw, auto parts, shop tools, etc., etc., et al, ad infinetum...)

C'mon. Someone throw me a bone.

-------------------------------------------------






7 comments:

Old NFO said...

Not a clue man, just take your best shot... But I wouldn't do kitchen implements or an ironing board... :-)

eiaftinfo said...

How about "anticipation" . . . any chance you can grab a long weekend a few weeks down the road? Book some time somewhere nice, that might require a few wardrobe items she may have to shop for . . . include a nice dinner, maybe something different like a play . . . then let her look forward to the long weekend with you.

RabidAlien said...

Nothing says "I Love You and Happy Birthday" like a pewter dragon figurine from a truckstop.

...or is that "I'm an idiot and you're well within your rights to be holding that shovel and bag of lime as your right eye twitches uncontrollably"? I get the two mixed up.

Anonymous said...

If she is a reader and doesn't have one, how about a notebook or tablet or what ever they call those things. She can download books, take pictures, shovel snow, swat flies, etc. with it. Give her a HBD from me, too.

missred said...

Hard to say, not knowing Mrs B. For me a bottle of Lagavulin always says LOVE!
or jewelry, but even that is very personal. I don't like just anything ;)
Sorry I cant help you out more.

Anonymous said...

A day at the spa...with the full treatment...

Don F

Anonymous said...

I got mine a new Nook E reader, that doubles as a I-pad from Barnes and Nobel. She loves it. she can download books to read, check her email, shop, etc.....
and a bottle of Rye whiskey.100 proof.